Feedback from Stake Holders-Policies and Procedure.
Purpose and Scope
The purpose of this Policy is to provide a structure for mainly obtaining, summarizing and documenting information on the stakeholder perceptions of the quality and effectiveness of the Institute’s curriculum for use in program evaluation, accreditation and other academic quality assurance processes and activities. Specifically, this Policy provides the following:
- Monitoring and improving the quality of learning experiences of the students through the collection, analysis and reporting of student feedback concerning teaching and learning.
- For the continuous Improvement in curriculum the stakeholders are given an opportunity to give feedback.
- Ensuring the provision of information to stakeholders regarding the consideration of feedback collected over time, including actions taken to address concerns raised in any feedback received.
- The Academic –Professor In-charge is responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of stakeholder feedback relating to academic programs.
- Coordination of responses to feedback will be the responsibility of the Heads of Departments.
- All stakeholders have the opportunity to provide feedback.
- Student feedback is a core component of program evaluation but feedback is also sought from Alumni, Parents, Faculty and Employers.
- The Feedback processes will be systematic.
- The feedback mechanisms includes survey forms.
- The Institute seeks student feedback in a form which can be captured, analyzed and reported every time a course is delivered through course-end survey.
- A core set of questions will form the basis of a survey deployed to systematically evaluate teaching and learning in all UG & PG courses.
- Stakeholder feedback will be collected as required for specific purposes using methods appropriate for the specific feedback sought.
Actions on summarized feedback:
- All the feedbacks received from various stakeholders are summarized and analysis is carried out at department level first. The reports from each department are sent to the principal.
- Recommendations received from the heads are discussed in meeting and report is prepared with the Recommendations made from the feedback analysis and is sent to university for changes to be made in the syllabus in the next revision.
- The whole objective of this policy is effective implementation of Curriculum for better learning and continuous improvement.